I love onion rings but try to stay away from deep fried foods. These are exceptionally good. This recipe serves 4 but I'll bet 2 can go through the lot of them. This is not my original recipe and I can't remember who to give credit to, but thanks to someone. enjoy!Try using Panko Crumbs- Don't worry if they are not completely coated the crunch will still be there
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with lite olive oil or other veggie oil.
3. Mix bread crumbs, oregano & cayenne (mix these ingredients on a sheet of wax paper it will make the next step easier).
4. Dip onion rings into the milk and allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
5. Dip into the crumb mixture.
6. They won't be fully coated, don't worry they will still have a crunch (especially with Panko crumbs).
7. Place onion rings in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake onion rings until the crumbs are golden and the onions are soft (approx 30 minutes).
9. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and then serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (77g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 8 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.9g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 107.3mg||4 %|
|Potassium 202.1mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 18.2g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 102
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe