1. Preheat oven to 425? F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Place baking sheet in oven while the oven is preheating.
2. In a large bowl, combine Cornmeal, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, oregano and salt. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the egg white and milk
4. Dip potates in the egg wash
5. Add potatoes to spice mixture and toss to coat. Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared pan. Spray them lightly on top with oil.
Bake, turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
I found that putting the cornmeal mixture in a large plastic bag worked well. You can drop all the pieces in, shake the bag, and fish 'em out with a slotted spoon. While I was at it I oven fried some oysters and a fish fillet.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (144g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0.1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 21.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 571mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 36.1g|
|Protein 6.1g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 200
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe