Top-ranked recipe named "P. F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps"
This recipe is from Todd Wilbur and Top Secret Recipes
"OK - I just made this for my hubby and I for Superbowl lunch pre-game. We both loved it! I would definitely make it again. Tasted just like PF Changs. I am adding to my favorites! I did fillet the chicken breasts in half before I cooked them, which made it easier to dice into smaller pieces, which worked very well.
Sounds like I should make this for Superbowl Sunday! I love them at PF Changs!"
1. Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
4. Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
5. Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
6. Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
7. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
8. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
9. Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
10. As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
11. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
12. When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
13. With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
14. Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
15. Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
16. Top with"Special Sauce".
| 25 min | 10 min prep |
Clarissao 2 months agoThis was awesome and turned out really well! Thanks for sharing.
debrole 5 months agoVery good! I used water with stevia. about 3 packages. Time consuming, but flavor was worth the wait!
widen 6 months agoAwesome! I added more mushrooms than the recipe called for.
KendraCooks 7 months agoAw! It didn't turn out good at all, I think the hot mustard was a no go is all to be honest. The recipe I have isn't great either so I've been looking, will have to keep trying!
JScottT 7 months agoI cut the sugar a bit, used a can of black beans and half of the chicken, and cooked the sauce into the recipe -- very tasty.
Hntrjmpr87 7 months agoThis is a great find! I use ground beef or turkey, the consistency is more like P.F. Changs. My husband has even said I can make just the meat and he would've happy. Might have to grate creative and see how I can use the meat in different ways.
TEKA21 8 months agoTook longer than I wanted to prep everything but was a hit with the kids!
Sharonshouse 11 month agoYummy!!!!!!!!
Steve-VA 1 year agoExcellent
dale219 1 year agoReally good !