1. In a small stainless steel mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients in the order given above, creating a smooth batter. Put the batter through a strainer to get rid of any lumps, cover it with plastic and let it rest in the refrigerator for one hour. If you prefer, you can prepare the batter the day before you plan to make your crepes.
2. Remove the batter from the refrigerator and stir. It should be only just a little thicker than fresh whole milk.
3. Brush a 12 inch non-stick frying pan with butter and put it on a low to medium heat. Ladle approximately 1 ounce of the batter into the pan, twirling the pan by hand in a circular motion to create a very thin crepe.Cook crepe until golden, approximately 1 minute on each side. As with most pancakes or waffles, the first one never gets as brown as the later ones.
Preparation for Compote:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and the 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Bring to a boil. Add all of the sliced apricots and cook for 2 to 3minutes more, or until the apricots have softened.
2. Presentation: Put 2 tablespoons of the apricot preserves into a crepe. Roll the crepe or fold it in half twice to make a quarter. Dust the crepe with powdered sugar.
Additional fillings for Palatschinken can be sour cream, ice cream and any other available marmalade (jam).
The Apricot Compote in this recipe can be prepared in larger sizes and preserved in jars for later use. It is excellent on toast and ice cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (272g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 122 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.6g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 84.2mg||26 %|
|Sodium 303.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 391.3mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 109.3g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 106.6g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 567
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.