Ready in 1 hour
from my dear Mother
"It is amazing. I did half the tomatoes added some tarragon and thyme and some crushed red peppers. But is absolutely amazing gread recipie"
* Place beans in a soup pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, cook 2 minutes and remove pan from heat. Let beans soak for 1 hour.
* Drain beans, then cover with fresh water. Bring water to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Drain, but reserve the cooking water. (If using canned beans, simply drain them and set them aside.
* Heat olive oil in pot, Saute' onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add tomatoes, beans and stock. Measure out the bean cooking water and add 4 cups to the soup. (If necessary, add regular water or stock. With canned beans, use more stock than water). Add parsley, basil and some salt and pepper.
* Bring to a simmer and cook, partially covered, 45 minutes. Remove 2 cups of soup and puree it in a blender or food processor. Return puree to the soup pot and stir to blend.
* Add pasta, cook 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add water or stock if soup is too thick.
* Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed.
* Serve sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
CoriSingleton 2y agoIt is amazing. I did half the tomatoes added some tarragon and thyme and some crushed red peppers. But is absolutely amazing gread recipie
Lajiesq 6y agoIt tastes just like canned tomatoes perhaps because the recipe calls for so many of them. Why so many tomatoes? It's gross. What a waste. It took a lot of hard work to make this, but I will have to throw it all away.
mstanco 9y ago[I posted this recipe.]