* Place beans in a soup pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, cook 2 minutes and remove pan from heat. Let beans soak for 1 hour.
* Drain beans, then cover with fresh water. Bring water to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Drain, but reserve the cooking water. (If using canned beans, simply drain them and set them aside.
* Heat olive oil in pot, Saute' onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add tomatoes, beans and stock. Measure out the bean cooking water and add 4 cups to the soup. (If necessary, add regular water or stock. With canned beans, use more stock than water). Add parsley, basil and some salt and pepper.
* Bring to a simmer and cook, partially covered, 45 minutes. Remove 2 cups of soup and puree it in a blender or food processor. Return puree to the soup pot and stir to blend.
* Add pasta, cook 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add water or stock if soup is too thick.
* Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed.
* Serve sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (712g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 34 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.8g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 20.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 624.4mg||22 %|
|Potassium 1388.6mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.9g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||42 %|
|Sugars, other 37.5g|
|Protein 14.6g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 274
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe