A nutritious broth-based, creamy, veggie-packed pasta dish. Add grilled or broiled chicken for some protein. Also works well with canned tomatoes and any veggies you have in your fridge as a way to use leftovers.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute. Add the bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
3. Drop in the asparagus, tomatoes, and mushrooms, and cook until tender. Stir in the four; cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add the chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil; reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the liquid has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in the carrot strips.
5. Toss the past with the vegetables and sauce, adding the pasta water, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. Serve garnished with the parmesan and basil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (351g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 61 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 72.3mg||22 %|
|Sodium 508.6mg||18 %|
|Potassium 677.5mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.2g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 52.9g|
|Protein 18.9g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 357
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.