Another "Pasta Primavera" recipe ranks higher.
A nutritious broth-based, creamy, veggie-packed pasta dish. Add grilled or broiled chicken for some protein. Also works well with canned tomatoes and any veggies you have in your fridge as a way to use leftovers.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute. Add the bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
3. Drop in the asparagus, tomatoes, and mushrooms, and cook until tender. Stir in the four; cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add the chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil; reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the liquid has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in the carrot strips.
5. Toss the past with the vegetables and sauce, adding the pasta water, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. Serve garnished with the parmesan and basil.