Top-ranked recipe named "Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies"
Try this Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies recipe, or contribute your own. "Cookies" and "Peanut" are two tags used to describe Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies.
1. In a large bowl beat butter until fluffy; gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually mix half into peanut butter mixture.
4. Using hands mix in remaining flour mixture to form a stiff dough; refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Melt chocolate with butter in a bowl over hot (not boiling) water. Let cool.
6. Divide chilled dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll each half into 10 X 8 inch rectangle.
7. Spread each rectangle with half the chocolate mixture.
8. Starting from long side roll up each rectangle jelly roll style to form 2 long rolls. Wrap separately seam side down in plastic wrap.
9. Chill until firm or up to 12 hours.
10. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes of until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Notes: Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Per Cookie: 120 calories, 8g fat, 2g protein Recipe by: Canadian Living - July 1995 Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu&at;geocities.com> on Feb 19, 1998