Ready in 1h
Try this Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies recipe, or contribute your own.
1. In a large bowl beat butter until fluffy; gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually mix half into peanut butter mixture.
4. Using hands mix in remaining flour mixture to form a stiff dough; refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Melt chocolate with butter in a bowl over hot (not boiling) water. Let cool.
6. Divide chilled dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll each half into 10 X 8 inch rectangle.
7. Spread each rectangle with half the chocolate mixture.
8. Starting from long side roll up each rectangle jelly roll style to form 2 long rolls. Wrap separately seam side down in plastic wrap.
9. Chill until firm or up to 12 hours.
10. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes of until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Notes: Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Per Cookie: 120 calories, 8g fat, 2g protein Recipe by: Canadian Living - July 1995 Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu&at;geocities.com> on Feb 19, 1998