1. In a large bowl beat butter until fluffy; gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually mix half into peanut butter mixture.
4. Using hands mix in remaining flour mixture to form a stiff dough; refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Melt chocolate with butter in a bowl over hot (not boiling) water. Let cool.
6. Divide chilled dough in half. On a lightly floured surface roll each half into 10 X 8 inch rectangle.
7. Spread each rectangle with half the chocolate mixture.
8. Starting from long side roll up each rectangle jelly roll style to form 2 long rolls. Wrap separately seam side down in plastic wrap.
9. Chill until firm or up to 12 hours.
10. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes of until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Notes: Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Per Cookie: 120 calories, 8g fat, 2g protein Recipe by: Canadian Living - July 1995 Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1426g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 3233 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 359.2g||479 %|
|Saturated Fat 174g||870 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 120.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 41.7g|
|Cholesterol 709.7mg||218 %|
|Sodium 2850.8mg||98 %|
|Potassium 3139.8mg||83 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 813.3g||239 %|
|Dietary Fiber 32.2g||129 %|
|Sugars, other 781.1g|
|Protein 103.4g||148 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6639
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe