1. preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with vegetable cooking spray
2. heat 4 tsp of the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and squash and saute 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and 1 Tbsp of the ginger and saute an additional minute. Add water and salt, bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and simmer, partially covered, 15 to 20 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
3. while squash is cooking, mix pears with cinnamon, remaining 2 tsp oil and remaining 1 tbsp ginger. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 20 - 25 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
4. Save 12 pear slices for garnish; add the remaining slices to the squash. Puree using a blender, food processor, or immersion blender. Keep warm in a pot over low heat.
5. microwave chocolate in a small bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir, and heat 30-60 seconds more if not fully melted. Stir in half the cream, adding more if necessary until the chocolate reaches a pouring consistency.
6. To serve, ladle hot soup into 6 bowls, lay 2 pear slices on top of each, and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (755g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 88 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.7g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 11.9mg||4 %|
|Sodium 31.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 946.8mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.5g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 37.5g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 262
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe