CAKE: 1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter and flour a 9-inch spring form pan. In a bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, maple syrup, oil, and brandy. Pour into flour mixture; stir to combine.
4. In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat until glossy, about 2 minutes. Stir a quarter of the egg-white mixture into yolk mixture. Scrape into remaining egg-white mixture and fold in gently.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes. Transfer in pan to rack and let cool 1 hour.
6. Remove pan rim. Cut in half horizontally and place bottom layer on a cake plate. Spread with half the maple-cream cheese frosting. Top with remaining layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and top with pecans.
FROSTING: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring maple syrup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until reduced by about a third, 10-12 minutes. Pour into a glass measuring cup nested in a bowl of ice water and stir constantly until syrup is very thick and barely warm to touch, 3-4 minutes. Remove from ice water. In a bowl, with a mixer on low, beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. Beat in powdered sugar; scrape in reduced syrup; beat until smooth.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (258g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 434 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.2g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6g|
|Cholesterol 574.6mg||177 %|
|Sodium 484.7mg||17 %|
|Potassium 358.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 39.9g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 677
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.