CAKE: 1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter and flour a 9-inch spring form pan. In a bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, maple syrup, oil, and brandy. Pour into flour mixture; stir to combine.
4. In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat until glossy, about 2 minutes. Stir a quarter of the egg-white mixture into yolk mixture. Scrape into remaining egg-white mixture and fold in gently.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes. Transfer in pan to rack and let cool 1 hour.
6. Remove pan rim. Cut in half horizontally and place bottom layer on a cake plate. Spread with half the maple-cream cheese frosting. Top with remaining layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and top with pecans.
FROSTING: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring maple syrup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until reduced by about a third, 10-12 minutes. Pour into a glass measuring cup nested in a bowl of ice water and stir constantly until syrup is very thick and barely warm to touch, 3-4 minutes. Remove from ice water. In a bowl, with a mixer on low, beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. Beat in powdered sugar; scrape in reduced syrup; beat until smooth.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (258g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 434 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.2g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6g|
|Cholesterol 574.6mg||177 %|
|Sodium 484.7mg||17 %|
|Potassium 358.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 39.9g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 677
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe