1) Combine both sugars, the vanilla and the evaporated milk in a saucepan.
2) Heat to 230 degrees (just below soft ball stage). Stir frequently so sugar does not burn.
3) Add the butter and continue to heat and stir until the mixture reaches 250 degrees (the temperature is very important).
4) Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans. Continue to stir until the mixture begins to cool and thickens.
5) Spoon out onto wax paper to cool. If the mixture thickens to much while spooning it out, heat just until it is soft enough again.
Great with a cup of Southern Pecan Coffee
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (160g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 200 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.2g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 19.5mg||6 %|
|Sodium 64.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 191.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 112.1g||33 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 110g|
|Protein 3.8g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 638
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe