1. Preheat the broiler. Place the flank steak ~~lthttp://recipes.prevention.com/RecipeSearch/flank%20steak-Recipes.aspx> on the rack of a broiler pan and coat all sides with the pepper and garlic. Let stand about 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the vinegar to deglaze. Stir in the broth, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until the onions are very soft and browned. Remove from the heat.
3. Prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain, and place in a large bowl.
4. Meanwhile, broil the steak, 4 inches from the heat, for 12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145F for medium rare, 160F for medium, or 165F for well done. Let stand for 10 minutes, then slice into thin strips.
5. Stir the arugula into the onions. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Add the steak strips and top with the cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (740g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 154 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.1g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 80.9mg||25 %|
|Sodium 1640.1mg||57 %|
|Potassium 927.4mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.7g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 39g|
|Protein 31.3g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 447
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe