Ready in 45 minutes
Prep Time: 1 hour; Cook Time: 25 mins
Oven Temp: 350F / 180C / Gas Mark 4
1. Melt half the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Fry the onions until soft. Add the mushrooms & fry until the liquid has evaporated. Add the prawns and fry for about 2 minutes, until cooked.
2. Mix the cornflour & milk to form a paste. Add to the prawn mixture, along w/the cream & the cheese. Gently simmer over a low heat until the mixture starts to thicken. Flavour with the lemon juice & herb mix, and set aside.
3. Melt the remaining butter & brush over 2 sheets of phyllo pastry, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place a third sheet of phyllo pastry diagonally on top of the first 2 sheets.
4. Spoon a generous dollop of the prawn filling into the center of the phyllo pastry. Bring the corners together & loosely tie w/a spring onion to secure. Repeat with the remaining pastry & filling. Place the parcels onto a greased baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 mins or until golden brown.
5. Hollandaise sauce - Make the sauce while the phyllo parcels are in the oven. Beat the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, dill & a pinch of salt for 5 seconds.
6. Heat the butter in a microwave until it starts to boil. Slowly add the butter to the egg mixture while beating continuously. Beat for another 60 seconds after all the butter has been added. Serve spooned over the hot phyllo baskets.
Loobum 5y agoFilo pastry!! Great recipe though well worth a try : )
cleverkt 9y agoThis is really good for impressing guests - otherwise I vote for just making the insides and serving it on top of pasta. My husband who likes seafood and white sauces much more than me said it was really good - and of course the kids thought it was great having a "present" for dinner, but really didn't care for the insides. I'll make it again, but only for company!
cleverkt 9y ago[I posted this recipe.]