Prep Time: 1 hour; Cook Time: 25 mins
Oven Temp: 350F / 180C / Gas Mark 4
1. Melt half the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Fry the onions until soft. Add the mushrooms & fry until the liquid has evaporated. Add the prawns and fry for about 2 minutes, until cooked.
2. Mix the cornflour & milk to form a paste. Add to the prawn mixture, along w/the cream & the cheese. Gently simmer over a low heat until the mixture starts to thicken. Flavour with the lemon juice & herb mix, and set aside.
3. Melt the remaining butter & brush over 2 sheets of phyllo pastry, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place a third sheet of phyllo pastry diagonally on top of the first 2 sheets.
4. Spoon a generous dollop of the prawn filling into the center of the phyllo pastry. Bring the corners together & loosely tie w/a spring onion to secure. Repeat with the remaining pastry & filling. Place the parcels onto a greased baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 mins or until golden brown.
5. Hollandaise sauce - Make the sauce while the phyllo parcels are in the oven. Beat the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, dill & a pinch of salt for 5 seconds.
6. Heat the butter in a microwave until it starts to boil. Slowly add the butter to the egg mixture while beating continuously. Beat for another 60 seconds after all the butter has been added. Serve spooned over the hot phyllo baskets.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (331g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 576 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 64g||85 %|
|Saturated Fat 38.2g||191 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 409.6mg||126 %|
|Sodium 926.9mg||32 %|
|Potassium 479.6mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.3g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 29.7g|
|Protein 36.4g||52 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 840
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
I recommend pairing it with this recipe
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
LoobumFilo pastry!! Great recipe though well worth a try : )5y ago
cleverktThis is really good for impressing guests - otherwise I vote for just making the insides and serving it on top of pasta. My husband who likes seafood and white sauces much more than me said it was really good - and of course the kids thought it was great having a "present" for dinner, but really didn't care for the insides. I'll make it again, but only for company!9y ago
cleverkt[I posted this recipe.]9y ago