1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter, 3/4 cup sugar and bananas with electric mixer until well blended. Beat in flour, baking powder and egg substitute until well blended.
3. Spoon batter in 8-, 9- or 10-inch ungreased spring form. Arrange cranberries on the batter, and place the apples on top; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar, a few squeezes of lemon juice and about 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste.
4. Bake about one hour. Remove and refrigerate or freeze, if desired. Or cool to lukewarm, and serve.
5. To serve torte that was frozen, defrost and reheat briefly at 300 degrees.
Note: To substitute plums for the apples and cranberries, pit and halve 12 prune plums, and arrange on batter skin-side down. Can also make this with blueberries or peaches. About half the fat of the original
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 260 calories, 7 grams fat, 15 milligrams cholesterol, 75 milligrams sodium, 4 grams protein, 50 grams carbohydrate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (77g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 53 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.9g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 15.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 92mg||3 %|
|Potassium 25mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.5g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 43.8g|
|Protein 1.7g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 233
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe