I LOVE Popeye's Biscuits, and if you don't have a Popeye's around you, they are very similar to KFC's, but sooo much better.....
Preheat oven to 400
1. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
2. Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry blender to cut butter into dry mixture (a pastry blender is a GREAT thing to have, but if you don't have it, use two knives and cut the butter in) until no large chunks of butter remain.
3. Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms.
4. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface.
5. Cut biscuits with a 3 inch biscuit cutter or glass and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn a light brown.
7. Remove from oven and then brush melted butter on top
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (42g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 83 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.3g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.8g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 24.2mg||7 %|
|Sodium 1364.4mg||47 %|
|Potassium 34.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.6g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 14.1g|
|Protein 2.3g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 151
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.