1. Thaw spinach and press out liquid, finely chop.
2. Combine spinach, cheese basil, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
5. Place mushroom caps top side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet,brush with butter or margarine.
6. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture into each cap.
7. Sprinkle with tomato and salt.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or till heated through OR place on the unheatedrack of a broiler pan.
9. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
10. Cut into quarters and serve.
Comments: Love mushrooms, especially Portabello!! These could be done incountless variations, vegetarian or not.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (1793g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 925 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 102.8g||137 %|
|Saturated Fat 49.9g||249 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13g|
|Cholesterol 267mg||82 %|
|Sodium 2299.1mg||79 %|
|Potassium 6303.5mg||166 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 78.2g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 23g||92 %|
|Sugars, other 55.2g|
|Protein 115.8g||165 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1620
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
RemmmyThis recipe seems brill - more of a question than a review though. Does the spinach have to be frozen because I cant seem to found any that is?3y ago
drvickyI used large portobellos; filling was suffiicient for or 3 of those. And I substituted chopped salami for the pepperoni.8y ago
promfhMy version featured smoked turkey and pepperoni. They were delicious and I cleared some leftovers from the fridge.9y ago
Dana[I posted this recipe.]9y ago