Ready in 45 minutes
When I was pregnant last year I had gestational diabetes which means no real pizza for me , this version was good for my pizza cravings . Do note its messy to eat.
1. Thaw spinach and press out liquid, finely chop.
2. Combine spinach, cheese basil, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
5. Place mushroom caps top side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet,brush with butter or margarine.
6. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture into each cap.
7. Sprinkle with tomato and salt.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or till heated through OR place on the unheatedrack of a broiler pan.
9. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
10. Cut into quarters and serve.
Comments: Love mushrooms, especially Portabello!! These could be done incountless variations, vegetarian or not.
Valerie411 10m agoDelicious!!
Remmmy 2y agoThis recipe seems brill - more of a question than a review though. Does the spinach have to be frozen because I cant seem to found any that is?
pixiechild27 3y ago
drvicky 7y agoI used large portobellos; filling was suffiicient for or 3 of those. And I substituted chopped salami for the pepperoni.
promfh 8y agoMy version featured smoked turkey and pepperoni. They were delicious and I cleared some leftovers from the fridge.
Dana 8y ago
Dana 8y ago[I posted this recipe.]