Elegant comfort food with a great mix of flavors. This recipe makes 4 appetizer / side dish portions or two main dishes.
1. Heat butter and oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until just golden, stirring occasionally. Add prosciutto and stir briefly.
2. Add risotto to pot, and cook about 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Add vermouth if using, or 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. Stir into the risotto until absorbed.
4. Continue adding stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often, until it is absorbed.
5. Once the risotto is done, remove from heat. Cut the gorgonzola into smaller pieces and add, stirring, until they are mostly melted
6. Season to taste. You may not need much salt because of the salt content of the other ingredients.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (86%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.7g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 19.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 715mg||25 %|
|Potassium 77.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.8g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.8g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 112
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.