Ready in 30 minutes
Beautiful puffed up egg "pancake". The kids love to watch this cook and it tastes sooo good. A favorite at my house. Top with fruit and powdered sugar or any flavor of syrup. This version is slightly healthier as I have used egg whites instead of whole eggs.
1. Place butter in a 9x13 pan and slice into smaller pieces. Place the pan in the oven and then turn the oven on and let it heat to 425?. While butter is melting mix other ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl wisk together eggs, milk, flour, and salt. For best results don't use an electric mixer. If it gets mixed too much it won't puff up. By hand is great and you don't need to worry about getting all of the lumps out. Check the butter!
3. By now your butter should be nice and melted and bubbly. Pour your egg mixture into the melted butter. DO NOT MIX. Just let them swish around together.
4. Place the pan back in the oven and let cook for 15-20 minutes. Don't forget to turn the oven light on and watch. When the batter is set and all puffy and the edges are starting to brown it's done. Another tip - don't open the oven while it's cooking, sometimes it will fall. The pancake will fall seconds after you remove it from the oven so have your audience waiting to enjoy.
5. Enjoy this pancake plain or top with syrup or fruit and powdered sugar. Our favorite is a simple raspberry sauce. Cut into 12 pieces. 4 very small children and 2 adults easily finish this off.
Erincpeters 3y agoThis was really interesting...certainly it wasn't the best pancake (or omelette) but it was ridiculously easy and quite tasty. My son loved helping, thought it was good, and enjoyed watching it get puffy. I think I'll use less butter next time (I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like butter...) . I might also add some vanilla or almond extract. Thanks for the idea!!!
flyingpigfamily 3y agoMeant FIVE stars, not one!!
Mtwranch 4y agoThanks so much for this lighter version and the advice about not whipping the eggs too much. Delicious!
Mommychef24 6y ago[I posted this recipe.]