1. Place butter in a 9x13 pan and slice into smaller pieces. Place the pan in the oven and then turn the oven on and let it heat to 425?. While butter is melting mix other ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl wisk together eggs, milk, flour, and salt. For best results don't use an electric mixer. If it gets mixed too much it won't puff up. By hand is great and you don't need to worry about getting all of the lumps out. Check the butter!
3. By now your butter should be nice and melted and bubbly. Pour your egg mixture into the melted butter. DO NOT MIX. Just let them swish around together.
4. Place the pan back in the oven and let cook for 15-20 minutes. Don't forget to turn the oven light on and watch. When the batter is set and all puffy and the edges are starting to brown it's done. Another tip - don't open the oven while it's cooking, sometimes it will fall. The pancake will fall seconds after you remove it from the oven so have your audience waiting to enjoy.
5. Enjoy this pancake plain or top with syrup or fruit and powdered sugar. Our favorite is a simple raspberry sauce. Cut into 12 pieces. 4 very small children and 2 adults easily finish this off.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (115g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 92 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.2g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 274.5mg||84 %|
|Sodium 169.9mg||6 %|
|Potassium 155.2mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.4g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 10g|
|Protein 12.8g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 185
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe