Recipe by Pastry Chef Jean-Francois Bonnet, Terre, New York City. Can be scaled up in direct proportion.
1. Reduce cream, milk, sugar, condensed milk, and dry milk to 3 cups in nonreactive saucepan set over medium heat; remove from heat.
2. Strain gelatin; add to milks; pour onto sheet pan lined with parchment paper; freeze overnight.
3. Cut out circles with 2" cookie cutter; reserve in freezer.
1. Bring all ingredients to a boil; remove from heat; chill.
2. Place in ice cream maker; process according to manufacturer's instructions; place in nonreactive container; cover with plastic wrap; freeze.
CHOCOLATE FRENCH BROWNIE:
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Mix butter, sugars, and praline until smooth; whisk in eggs one at a time; whisk in vanilla.
3. Sift flours, cocoa, and cornstarch together; fold into butter mixture.
4. Line sheet pan with parchment paper; spread batter on sheet pan; bake until center is firm (approximately 8 minutes); remove from oven; cool to room temperature; cut into 2" circles with cookie cutter; reserve.
1. Place chocolate in nonreactive bowl; reserve.
2. Scald milk, cream, and sugar in nonreactive saucepan.
3. Place egg yolks in a bowl; temper with some milk/cream; add remaining milk/cream; return to saucepan set over medium heat; cook to 180 degrees, whisking constantly; pour over chocolate; let sit until chocolate melts.
4. Work with hand blender until temperature drops to 104; fold in whipped cream; reserve.
1. Set 12 ring molds on sheet pan lined with parchment paper; fill each halfway with chocolate mousse; push 1 piece milk jam into mousse; add more mousse; push 1 brownie into mousse; level top, scraping off excess mousse with spatula; freeze.
2. To serve, let fondants sit at room temperature 1 hour; remove ring; center 1 fondant on each plate; garnish with 1 scoop frozen milk; dust frozen milk with cocoa powder.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (473g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 1311 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 145.6g||194 %|
|Saturated Fat 51.3g||257 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 71.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.2g|
|Cholesterol 769.8mg||237 %|
|Sodium 433.3mg||15 %|
|Potassium 1621.2mg||43 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 152.5g||45 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.3g||57 %|
|Sugars, other 138.1g|
|Protein 38.8g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1995
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.