Top-ranked recipe named "Quinoa Chicken Soup"
Gourgeous soup. Quinoa is amazingly healthy and can help you lose weight.
"I just made this and ate my first bowl and I love it! Great way to eat quinoa with extra protein! It is very thick so use more water if you want it more brothy. 2 cups of cooked chicken worked out to be exactly 2 chicken breats. Thanks for posting this recipe!"- Nutmeglet
• In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
• Add ½ cup chopped carrots, ½ cup chopped celery, and ½ cup chopped onions or scallions to the heated oil and fry for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables just start to brown.
• Stir in 2 cups of water and 3 cups of chicken stock or broth and bring to a boil.
• Stir in ½ cup of rinsed quinoa, 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken, ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, Â½ teaspoon black pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
• Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve. This recipe yields approximately 8 one-cup servings.
calgaryarky 1 week agoGood soup. Used the recipe as a base for my own adaptation. Thanks for sharing.
Loliana77 7 months agoDelicious soup! I added fresh garlic with the veggies and a little garlic powder too. I also roasted the chicken breasts with olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Yum!
Loliana77 7 months agoDelicious soup! I roasted the chicken breasts in some olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. The drippings added alot of flavor to the soup. Yum!
truck3 9 months agoMy family Love this soup.
cdljustice 9 months agoI make a lot of soups, but my husband said this was by far his favourite. Surprising considering it was so simple! Have already made a couple batches.
jbull74 9 months agoLoved it. Added garlic, diced cherry tomatoes and string beans. Wish I made a double batch...
carriecozad 1 year agoLoved this... I'd never had quinoa before and this was my introduction.
HeatherETorres 1 year ago
MelWellnitz 1 year agoMay need more salt/pepper. Next time I will also a clove of garlic to the onion/carrot/celery mixture.
terryabrown 1 year agoVery good way to add quinoa to menu