1. Prepare a large cooking pot with thick bottom, put in plenty olive oil.
2. Chop the onion, put it into the pot and start it cooking slowly. Chop and add the garlic.
3. Wash the bell pepper, cut into small strips, and stir it in.
4. Wash the tomatoes, chop them up in big chunks, and throw them in (no peeling) and stir in well.
5. Add the herbs de Provence and pepper. If the tomatoes are flavorless (all too common these days), we add a small can of condensed tomato sauce at this time.
6. Cut the eggplant and the zucchini into big chunks, then throw them into the pot. Then then need to be stirred down frequently until they've merged with the rest of the ingredients.
This takes about an hour, from when we first start chopping until everything is in the pot together. We then cook slowly for one to two hours, depending on how chunky you want in and how eager you are to try it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (614g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 11 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.2g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 68.4mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1637.4mg||43 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.3g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.6g||46 %|
|Sugars, other 29.7g|
|Protein 7.9g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 181
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
HampshirecookThe quantities in grams are all wrong, sorry.5y ago
Goldilocks224Delicious....you are right, it is hard to wait for it to finish. I made it with local fresh produce and my own herbs. I added 1t of salt when I sauted the onions. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!6y ago
Miha[I posted this recipe.]8y ago
chefb[I posted this recipe.]8y ago