Top-ranked recipe named "Roasted Turkey with Cranberry Fruit Dressing"
1. Remove giblet (discard liver), neck and any visible fat from turkey; reserve for stock. Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
2. Season inside and outside of turkey with salt and pepper.
3. Tie drumsticks together and twist wing tips behind the back.
4. Place turkey, breast side up, on a wire roasting rack (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) in shallow pan. Cover loosely with foil.
5. Roast turkey in a preheated 325 degree F oven about 2-1/2 hours, basting with pan juices.
6. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook onions with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until very soft. (If onions begin to brown, lower heat.)
7. Stir in cranberry sauce and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
8. Remove foil and pour glaze over bird.
9. Continue to roast to 1- hours or until the thermometer registers 180 degrees F in the thigh and 170 degrees F in the breast.
10. Remove turkey from oven. Allow turkey to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
1. In medium-size bowl combine stuffing mix, dried fruit, celery, onion, cranberry sauce, sage, thyme and turkey broth.
2. Coat a 2-quart oven-proof dish with non-stick vegetable cooking spray. Spoon dressing in dish and bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
As needed pears or apples
As needed red grapes
As needed celery leaves
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
kadefleming 2 years ago
tyson 10 years agoRepublished with permission, National Turkey Federation [I posted this recipe.]