Makes 16 skewers, serves 8, or 6 if you like them! Delicious, but can be a lot of work for some.
FOR THE SAUCE:
1. Preheat an oven to 400°.
2. In a roasting pan just large enough to hold them, place the pepper, the tomato halves, cut-side down and the unpeeled garlic cloves.
3. Roast until the pepper is tender and its skin slips off, and the tomatoes have released some of their juices and the skins slip off, about 35 minutes.
4. Remove, and when cool enough to handle, cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds and core.
5. Peel and discard the skin, then chop the pepper into three or four pieces.
6. Remove and discard the tomato skins.
7. Squeeze the garlic, releasing the roasted pulp and discard the skins.
8. Put the pepper, tomatoes, garlic, almonds, bread, salt and chile flakes in a blender and process until a thick paste forms.
9. Add enough of the olive oil to get a creamy consistency. Set aside until ready to serve.
FOR THE HALIBUT:
Put the cubed halibut in a non-reactive bowl and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary sprigs and minced rosemary, salt and pepper. Turn gently and marinate 20-30 minutes.
While the fish is marinating, soak skewers in water, 20-30 minutes.
1. Thread three to four pieces of halibut on each skewer.
2. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Oil the grill rack and brush oil onto the halibut skewers.
3. Place the skewers about 6 inches away from the heat source, and grill, turning once, until golden on the outside and just opaque throughout, about 5 minutes per side.
Serve hot, accompanied by the romesco sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (236g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 33 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.7g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 223.7mg||8 %|
|Potassium 159.8mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 3g|
|Protein 1.5g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 53
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.