1. The night before you barbecue combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Place roast in a sealable plastic bag, pour marinade over it and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove marinade and place in a drip pan. Place the drip pan in the barbecue over a burner to one side of the grill. Leave this side off. Leave the roast resting a room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Just prior to putting roast in place, rub the roast with coarse ground peppercorns and season with salt. Place rotisserie onto grill and leave to roast for 2- 2.5 hours or until the internal temperature is 120F (70) for rare. After 1 hour replace the smoke packages with freshly made sacks.
4. Remove the finished roast from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
5. Serve and enjoy!
1. Place 2 cups of apple wood chips in water to soak for 30 minutes. Do the same with 2 cups of cherry wood chips.
2. Rub the roast with the coarse ground peppercorns. Put the roast on the rotisseries spit and secure into place.
3. Make two smoke packages - one with apple wood chips and the other with cherry wood chips. Each package should contain a mixture of 1 cup of soaked chips with the excess water squeezed out and 2 cups of dry wood chips. Using a fork poke holes on both sides of each package. Place the packages directly over the heat source.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (363g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 763 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 84.8g||113 %|
|Saturated Fat 33g||165 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 39.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 165.6mg||51 %|
|Sodium 420mg||14 %|
|Potassium 740.3mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 4.7g|
|Protein 36.5g||52 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1004
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe