This is a variant of a recipe someone gave me a long time ago. It's been completely re-vamped and the base flavor changes completely.
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
2. Pre-heat Olive oil in fry-pan.
3. Chill meatball mixture for 15 min in freezer.
4. Roll meatballs into 1" balls. (wet hands, cold meat)
5. Brown meatballs leaving interior pink (not quite cooked through).
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan and simmer.
1. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Simmer till the meatballs are cooked inside and sauce thickens (at least 1/2 hour.)
3. Transfer to slow cooker on warm for serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (322g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 244 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.1g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 120.4mg||37 %|
|Sodium 505.5mg||17 %|
|Potassium 543.7mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 92.6g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 89.2g|
|Protein 27.5g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 751
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.