1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Prepare the filets by drying them with a cloth or paper towel and rubbing 1/2 tablespoon of butter per steak over the top and bottom. Salt and pepper the filet.
3. Make sure your broiler is on high and that it is good and hot. It should have preheated for at least 30 minutes. Put four oven-safe ceramic serving plates on the bottom rack in the oven when you start to preheat the broiler and through the entire cooking time. Move another rack up to the top so that when you put the filets in they will be about 5-6 inches from the heat. You will have to check the filets periodically to be sure they haven't flamed up. Cook the meat in a broiler pan, turning halfway through cooking time for the following length of time based on your preference:
4-6 minutes per side - Rare
5-7 minutes per side - Medium Rare
6-8 minutes per side - Medium
7-9 minutes per side - Medium Well
8-11 minutes per side - Well
4. When the meat is done, carefully remove the ceramic plates from the oven. On each of them, place 1 tablespoon of butter. It should sizzle.
5. When the butter has melted, place a steak in the center of the plate.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of the parsley on top of the meat, and another pinch around it onto the butter.
7. Serve the dishes sizzling hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (22g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 153 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.3g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.9g||55 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 45.8mg||14 %|
|Sodium 122.7mg||4 %|
|Potassium 7.5mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.1g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 153
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.