Ready in 45 minutes
Try this Ruth's Chris Steak House Petite Filet recipe, or contribute your own.
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Prepare the filets by drying them with a cloth or paper towel and rubbing 1/2 tablespoon of butter per steak over the top and bottom. Salt and pepper the filet.
3. Make sure your broiler is on high and that it is good and hot. It should have preheated for at least 30 minutes. Put four oven-safe ceramic serving plates on the bottom rack in the oven when you start to preheat the broiler and through the entire cooking time. Move another rack up to the top so that when you put the filets in they will be about 5-6 inches from the heat. You will have to check the filets periodically to be sure they haven't flamed up. Cook the meat in a broiler pan, turning halfway through cooking time for the following length of time based on your preference:
4-6 minutes per side - Rare
5-7 minutes per side - Medium Rare
6-8 minutes per side - Medium
7-9 minutes per side - Medium Well
8-11 minutes per side - Well
4. When the meat is done, carefully remove the ceramic plates from the oven. On each of them, place 1 tablespoon of butter. It should sizzle.
5. When the butter has melted, place a steak in the center of the plate.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of the parsley on top of the meat, and another pinch around it onto the butter.
7. Serve the dishes sizzling hot.