Top-ranked recipe named "San Francisco Shrimp"
Spicy shrimp in a red sauce
"Move over Red Lobster, this spicy sweet dish is a shrimp lovers fantasy! I don't like spicy things as a rule but the flavor is so wonderfully balanced that I loved it!"- axelilly
1. Dry the shrimp with paper towels and dust with cornstarch in a large bowl.
2. Pour about a inch of cooking oil in the bottom of a wok.
3. Deep fry shrimp in batches until pink and slightly golden
4. Remove shrimp to a separate plate
5. Ladle a bit of oil from the wok to a non-stick skillet.
6. Heat and add scallions, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper mix
7. Stir and cook one minute
8. Pour sauce ingredients into the sauce ingredients into the skillet, stir until bubbly.
9. Return shrimp into the skillet, mix well.
10. Serve over a bed of rice.
juliakohler 7 months agoAmazing recipe!
juliakohler 2 years agoAmazing dish. I served it over rice. The only hard part was peeling 2 lbs of shrimp.
Vickie1302 2 years agoExcellent dish. I was a little heavy on the red peppers, but still a keeper.
Austinmartinez0707 2 years agoSan Francisco shrimp turns out to be Guadalajara shrimp mmmmmm ( it's were we currently live)
NantucketGault 2 years agoDelicious! I added some yellow and green diced peppers and put it over wild rice. We will definitely make this again.
axelilly 3 years agoMove over Red Lobster, this spicy sweet dish is a shrimp lovers fantasy! I don't like spicy things as a rule but the flavor is so wonderfully balanced that I loved it!