Ready in 45 minutes
Spicy shrimp in a red sauce
"Move over Red Lobster, this spicy sweet dish is a shrimp lovers fantasy! I don't like spicy things as a rule but the flavor is so wonderfully balanced that I loved it!"
1. Dry the shrimp with paper towels and dust with cornstarch in a large bowl.
2. Pour about a inch of cooking oil in the bottom of a wok.
3. Deep fry shrimp in batches until pink and slightly golden
4. Remove shrimp to a separate plate
5. Ladle a bit of oil from the wok to a non-stick skillet.
6. Heat and add scallions, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper mix
7. Stir and cook one minute
8. Pour sauce ingredients into the sauce ingredients into the skillet, stir until bubbly.
9. Return shrimp into the skillet, mix well.
10. Serve over a bed of rice.
Valerie411 3d 7h agoVery good and easy to make!! The garlic, ginger and chile combination tasted great!
juliakohler 2y agoAmazing recipe!
juliakohler 3y agoAmazing dish. I served it over rice. The only hard part was peeling 2 lbs of shrimp.
Vickie1302 3y agoExcellent dish. I was a little heavy on the red peppers, but still a keeper.
Austinmartinez0707 4y agoSan Francisco shrimp turns out to be Guadalajara shrimp mmmmmm ( it's were we currently live)
NantucketGault 4y agoDelicious! I added some yellow and green diced peppers and put it over wild rice. We will definitely make this again.
axelilly 4y agoMove over Red Lobster, this spicy sweet dish is a shrimp lovers fantasy! I don't like spicy things as a rule but the flavor is so wonderfully balanced that I loved it!