Super easy & always a favorite in our family.
I always get tons of compliments on this recipe. It’s super simple and quick and it’s definitely a favorite in our family!
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In medium skillet brown the sausage and then drain the grease off.
3) Once oven is preheated split your package of crescent rolls in half (4 triangles). Line the bottom of a round pan with the crescent rolls and bake for 5 minutes. Crescent rolls will NOT be done when you pull them out.
4) In a medium size mixing bowl put your sausage and the entire package of cream cheese and with a mixer beat on low for about 2 minutes.
5) Once you have your sausage mixer complete, spread evenly across crescent rolls you just got out of the oven.
6) Layer remaining 4 triangles across the top of the sausage mixer and bake for an additional 16 minutes or until golden brown.
If you prefer things spicer than you can use hot sausage. And sometimes when I’m having company or make this for a potluck I’ll double the recipe and make 1 pound of the sausage mild and the other hot.
You can also add eggs or chopped red&green bell peppers. You can really make is recipe your own. Lots of options!
Make sure you bake the bottom layer of crescent rolls for 5 minutes before adding sausage mixture and top layer of crescent rolls. If you don’t the bottom layer of crescent rolls will not be cooked completely and will be doughy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (227g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 478 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 53.1g||71 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.8g||109 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.5g|
|Cholesterol 144mg||44 %|
|Sodium 1096mg||38 %|
|Potassium 424.7mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.4g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 26.2g|
|Protein 25.4g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 693
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.