This is a simple but satisfying breakfast dish in which you can use your favorite ingredients.
1. Preheat grill pan or broiler.
2. Rub cut garlic clove on bread, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill until lightly browned, approx. 2 minutes.
3. Crack eggs into bowl and beat lightly with fork; add a little water, milk or sour cream to thin and fluff; add salt, pepper, herbs and combine.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan and sauté shallots until soft; add vegetables if using and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook over medium heat, stirring gently until eggs are almost set.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and continue to cook until eggs are completely set to desired degree of doneness. Spoon on top of grilled bread and serve open-face.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (258g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 310 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34.5g||46 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.6g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 848.4mg||261 %|
|Sodium 452.1mg||16 %|
|Potassium 329.5mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 9.6g|
|Protein 27.4g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 459
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.