Top-ranked recipe named "Sesame Pork Lo Mein"
For variety, use shrimp or chicken in place of the pork and chopped red bell pepper instead of mushrooms.(Cooking Light Magazine 8-04)
"Excellent! Great flavor, and tasted and smelled authentic. I added cabbage and sprouts, and unfortunately had no sherry or sesame seeds. Still great!"
1. Prepare the noodles according to package directions; drain.
2. Combine sherry and the next 6 ingredients (through red pepper) in a medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil and pork; toss to coat.
3. Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork mixture to pan, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pork using a slotted spoon. Add peas, carrot, and mushrooms to pan; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth mixture; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in noodles, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, pork, and sesame seeds. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Rdebock 2 years ago
Jennieo33 2 years agoDelicious! I doubled recipe but I omitted sherry. A new favorite of the whole family.
srbodlak 2 years agoWe used half soy sauce, half fish sauce. Yum!
mjackson3490 2 years ago
kristinafixter 3 years ago
B3tmom 3 years agoVery confused by the recipe. I want to try it but it says 5/24 and 5/12 for amounts. Please help
lolek 4 years agoExcellent! Great flavor, and tasted and smelled authentic. I added cabbage and sprouts, and unfortunately had no sherry or sesame seeds. Still great!
swibirun 8 years agoVery good. We made it without the veggies this time but will add the next time. Easy and tasty!
kmhaslam 8 years agoI made a bit extra sauce and marinated the pork overnight. Served over Jasmine rice..Very good and so easy.
digigirl 9 years ago