Okay! I took an old classic and revved it up! If you have guests coming over, this is a GREAT dish to prepare in a large pot as it looks really great at the table. And the flavors.... Ma ma mia!
Serve with any wine! The beautiful balance of flavours mean that pretty much anything from a Chardonnay to a Shiraz will fit in but avoid overly sweet wines. They will detract from the taste!
1. Finely Chop the tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Finely chop Basil leaves. Set aside.
3. Heat 2-3 Table spoons Olive Oil in pan, and when hot, add chopped garlic and some (about a tablespoon) fresh Basil. When Fragrant, add Ground Oregano, and stir. Immediately add washed and drained shrimp.
4. Stir fry till prawns are cooked. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
1. Cook penne in rapidly boiling, salted water as directed on package until al dente.
2. When cooked, remove from heat and drain well. Place penne in a bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons olive oil.Coat well.
1. Reserve one cupful of Shrimp topping, cheese mix, and a handful of chopped Basil.
2. Mix remaining Cheese, pasta (while hot), Topping, Basil and Tomatoes. Mix well, adding salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve in large pot/serving platter topped with (reserved) Cheese, Basil, Pine nuts.
Serve immediately with Lemon wedges or Tabasco Sauce! Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (285g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 288 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 257.8mg||79 %|
|Sodium 609.9mg||21 %|
|Potassium 500.1mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.9g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 49g|
|Protein 38.7g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 645
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe