Top-ranked recipe named "Shrimp and Penne Pasta"
Okay! I took an old classic and revved it up! If you have guests coming over, this is a GREAT dish to prepare in a large pot as it looks really great at the table. And the flavors.... Ma ma mia!
Serve with any wine! The beautiful balance of flavours mean that pretty much anything from a Chardonnay to a Shiraz will fit in but avoid overly sweet wines. They will detract from the taste!
1. Finely Chop the tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Finely chop Basil leaves. Set aside.
3. Heat 2-3 Table spoons Olive Oil in pan, and when hot, add chopped garlic and some (about a tablespoon) fresh Basil. When Fragrant, add Ground Oregano, and stir. Immediately add washed and drained shrimp.
4. Stir fry till prawns are cooked. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
1. Cook penne in rapidly boiling, salted water as directed on package until al dente.
2. When cooked, remove from heat and drain well. Place penne in a bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons olive oil.Coat well.
1. Reserve one cupful of Shrimp topping, cheese mix, and a handful of chopped Basil.
2. Mix remaining Cheese, pasta (while hot), Topping, Basil and Tomatoes. Mix well, adding salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve in large pot/serving platter topped with (reserved) Cheese, Basil, Pine nuts.
Serve immediately with Lemon wedges or Tabasco Sauce! Enjoy!
Ciminfot 5 years agoDo not wait too long after the pasta is cooked to mix it all together. You can prepare the Topping before hand, and microwave it to heat it up, but cook the pasta fresh, a few minutes before dinner. That way, you will have the necessary temperature and texture to absorb the flavours AND melt the cheese. [I posted this recipe.]