Ready in 1h
Try this Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala recipe, or contribute your own.
1. Spray 4 to 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
2. Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
3. Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid cooker. Increase setting to HIGH; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
4. Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH heat setting 5 minutes or longer until chicken is hot.
5. To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.
mayk22 5m agoIts in the cooker now. After reading some reviews I Googled olive garden's recipe. I ended up adding an onion and just the littlest bit of red pepper flakes. I hope that kicked up the flavor. I might run out and grab some heavy cream, potatoes and a bottle of moscato. I think garlic mashes potatoes with the skin still in them would make the dish! Thanks from a new culinary prodigy
MauraSpeckt 3y agoI liked this recipe very much, but the fam agreed it needed something more to give it pep. Plenty of leftovers though and shredding the chicken for lunch to serve in tortillas was both delicious and nutritious. I will make this again another time and add some more veggies!
neonatalnp 3y agoJust wasn't like Marsala dishes I have had elsewhere
neonatalnp 3y agoI think the dish could use more flavor!
Vincecat 3y agoCould I add some color like asparagus ?
Gzonline 3y agoThis turned put really well. I made a Double batch with fresh mushrooms and a bottle of cooking wine. One of the better slow cook recipes I have made, and I use my crockpot everyday.