1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and blend thoroughly. Press evenly into the bottom and 2 inches up the side of a well buttered 10 inch springform (9 1/2 inch ok; 9 is a bit small). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saute pan. Add the minced onion and let sweat over a medium heat til softened, about 3-5 minutes. Do NOT allow them to color (can also just do this in the microwave with a tiny amount of olive oil instead of the butter).
4. In a mixer, combine softened cream cheese and half and half til smooth (can use fat free half and half). Add onion, gruyere, salt and pepper. Add eggs, one at a time, combining briefly after each.
5. Fold in the salmon.
6. Transfer mixture to chilled crust.
7. Bake in reheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or til top is golden brown.
8. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to gradually cool in the oven.
9. Remove from cooled oven and place on a rack to cool completely.
10. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
11. Cute a small circle in the middle, then cut small wedge all around to serve.
12. Place slices of cocktail sized pumpernickel around the sides.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (133g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 259 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.7g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.8g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 291.9mg||90 %|
|Sodium 295mg||10 %|
|Potassium 296mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 9.8g|
|Protein 20g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 377
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!