1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and blend thoroughly. Press evenly into the bottom and 2 inches up the side of a well buttered 10 inch springform (9 1/2 inch ok; 9 is a bit small). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saute pan. Add the minced onion and let sweat over a medium heat til softened, about 3-5 minutes. Do NOT allow them to color (can also just do this in the microwave with a tiny amount of olive oil instead of the butter).
4. In a mixer, combine softened cream cheese and half and half til smooth (can use fat free half and half). Add onion, gruyere, salt and pepper. Add eggs, one at a time, combining briefly after each.
5. Fold in the salmon.
6. Transfer mixture to chilled crust.
7. Bake in reheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or til top is golden brown.
8. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to gradually cool in the oven.
9. Remove from cooled oven and place on a rack to cool completely.
10. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
11. Cute a small circle in the middle, then cut small wedge all around to serve.
12. Place slices of cocktail sized pumpernickel around the sides.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (133g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 259 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.7g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.8g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 291.9mg||90 %|
|Sodium 295mg||10 %|
|Potassium 296mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 9.8g|
|Protein 20g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 377
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!