Top-ranked recipe named "Sour Cream Cranberry Scones"
These are one of our favorite Christmas morning
"these scones are lovely, so much that I think we are abandoning the recipe we used to use. thanks for contributing"- onetwoboyz
Preheat oven to 400F
1) Coat the frozen cranberries in a mixture of 1/4 c sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Shake out excess sugar and flour and set back in freezer so they stay frozen.
2) Mix all dry ingredients together ,add cold or frozen butter by grating it into the dry ingredients. Cut in to make coarse crumbs.
3) In a separate bowl combine the sour cream and egg
mix well and combine with dry ingredients.
4) Stir in the cranberries gently.
5) Turn out on board and gently work the dough
until it can be patted and cut into triangles.
6) Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, brush with the milk or cream , sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on tops.
7) Bake for 16-20 minutes at 400 F
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
onetwoboyz 3 years agothese scones are lovely, so much that I think we are abandoning the recipe we used to use. thanks for contributing
Eathlydelights 6 years ago[I posted this recipe.]