This is the best southern sweet tea I have even had. BE WARNED: It is very sweet, cut back on the sugar if you need to. The baking soda takes the bitterness away from the tea.
1. In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda.
2. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.
3. Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
4. Take out the tea bags and do not squeeze them.
5. Pour the tea mixture into a 2-quart pitcher; add the sugar.
6. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Add in the cold water.
8. Let cool; chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice.
lost12many 3m agoJust like I'm used to from my time in Savannah. My go to recipe.
minnie091961 1y agoBest sweet tea we ever had??. Followed your instructions as written. No need to change anything. Amazing! By the way, were southerners too.
hayleymoomaw 1y agoYum, yum!
marcewgrzyb 1y agoGoooood
tamye_pressler_mcspadden 1y agoI'm from Texas and I don't remember a time in my life without sweet tea! The baking soda is pure genius! No slightly bitter taste at all! I put 2 cups of sugar in it cuz I knew my boys would say it wasn't sweet enough! Yes, we Southerners like our sweet tea SWEET!! Great tea though, I drank 2 glasses right away!
Zonya 1y agoWhy baking soda?
zeeneatha 2y agoThat craps sucks
irishfeet 2y ago
bravo9520 2y agoThe baking soda is an awesome idea.
LavenderWand 2y agoWorks great! I just use a little less sugar.