Ready in 20 minutes
This is the best southern sweet tea I have even had. BE WARNED: It is very sweet, cut back on the sugar if you need to. The baking soda takes the bitterness away from the tea.
"This recipe made us all some near-perfect authentic sweet tea! The sweetness was dead on what I remember having as a kid. This will be enjoyed by us many, many times to come."
1. In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda.
2. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.
3. Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
4. Take out the tea bags and do not squeeze them.
5. Pour the tea mixture into a 2-quart pitcher; add the sugar.
6. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Add in the cold water.
8. Let cool; chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice.