Lean pork tenderloins are marinated, for several hours or overnight, in a dry mixture of spices, sugar and salt to cure the meat slightly. If you like a slightly smokey flavor - it's wonderful cooked on the grill! This is one of our family favorites.
1. In a 1-gallon zip-lock type bag combine the sugar, salt, pepper, coriander, and cloves. Place the tenderloins in the bag and coat with the dry spice mixture (you may need to shake and work it a bit), Add cup of maple syrup to the bag and massage into the tenderloins. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Alternatively - you could freeze them at this point.
2. Preheat the oven to 375. Place the tenderloins on a rack in a roasting pan, tuck the thin "tail" end of each tenderloin under itself to form a roast of even thickness. Tie with kitchen string to secure (depending on the roast's shape - I sometimes skip this step).
3. Brush each loin with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes. Brush the loins with maple syrup and roast for 25 to 30 minutes longer (basting twice more with maple syrup), until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 155.
4. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Brush the meat with pan juices (or more maple syrup). Slice the tenderloins across the grain into -inch-thick slices. Arrange 7 to 8 slices in a fan on each of 6 dinner plates.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (142g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 44 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.9g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 84.9mg||26 %|
|Sodium 262.8mg||9 %|
|Potassium 534.6mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 7.8g|
|Protein 27g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 190
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.