1. Wash egglplant. Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds, then cut each round into 1/2 thick strips.
2. Pour some olive oil and sesame oil into wok or large saute pan. Heat over medium high heat. Add eggplant and saute until tender, stirring frequently until lightly browned and mostly cooked. Transfer eggplant to paper towels to drain.
3. Add ginger and garlic to pan. Cook about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add pork and stir until crumbled and brown, about 8 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add tofu and cook until nicely colored on both sides. Splash with soy sauce if needed.
4. Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, paste and cornstarch in a small bowl and whish to combine.
5. Return eggplant to pan. Add sauce and stir to combine. Top with green onions.
Serve over brown rice. Try adding cashews or Napa cabbage.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (257g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 158 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.6g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 20.5mg||6 %|
|Sodium 276mg||10 %|
|Potassium 523.3mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 18.7g|
|Protein 12.8g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 293
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe