Ready in 30 minutes
Super easy and delicious weeknight meal. You can rarely get chinese food with eggplant in a restaurant so why not make it at home?
1. Wash egglplant. Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds, then cut each round into 1/2 thick strips.
2. Pour some olive oil and sesame oil into wok or large saute pan. Heat over medium high heat. Add eggplant and saute until tender, stirring frequently until lightly browned and mostly cooked. Transfer eggplant to paper towels to drain.
3. Add ginger and garlic to pan. Cook about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add pork and stir until crumbled and brown, about 8 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add tofu and cook until nicely colored on both sides. Splash with soy sauce if needed.
4. Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, paste and cornstarch in a small bowl and whish to combine.
5. Return eggplant to pan. Add sauce and stir to combine. Top with green onions.
Serve over brown rice. Try adding cashews or Napa cabbage.
Nlp9 2y agoDelicious, quick and easy. A keeper.
lindaward1 3y agoFantastic flavour. We served with rice noodles.
Anjinho 3y agoThis is my favorite recipe on Big Oven! It is delicious and easy to make, great for those nights when you have nothing planned and have no idea what to make for dinner. I have made several versions of it: without meat, without the eggplant, turkey instead of pork... And every time it turns out relish!
AdeleT 4y agoThis was an awesome recipe. Simple quick and tasty. I did not have tofu and I had pork loin which I cut into strips and the recipe worked great. Also we like sauce so I added some chicken broth and extra soy sauce to taste so we could spoon it over rice. Delicious!!
winstonteakasmom 7y agoServe over brown rice. Try adding cashews or Napa cabbage. [I posted this recipe.]