1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In large bowl mix oats, nuts, cayenne, cinnamon and ginger.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together honey and egg whites until combined.
4. Add to oats and mix.
5. Loosely pat into large non-stick cookie sheet at bake at 300 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes and again after another 10 minutes. This mixture tends to get very dark, so adjust time to your taste.
6. When done, let granola cool completely before adding fruit and chocolate chips. Store in airtight container.
Watch your granola closely (unless you like the super crunchy pieces, in which case, bake away! I think it's tasty).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (71g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 78 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.7g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 0.7mg||0 %|
|Sodium 49.8mg||2 %|
|Potassium 342.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.4g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 35g|
|Protein 8.8g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 270
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe