Ready in 45 minutes
A modification of an Ovo Granola recipe that I found on here. I take the flavor to a fun level with cayenne pepper and dark chocolate.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In large bowl mix oats, nuts, cayenne, cinnamon and ginger.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together honey and egg whites until combined.
4. Add to oats and mix.
5. Loosely pat into large non-stick cookie sheet at bake at 300 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes and again after another 10 minutes. This mixture tends to get very dark, so adjust time to your taste.
6. When done, let granola cool completely before adding fruit and chocolate chips. Store in airtight container.
Watch your granola closely (unless you like the super crunchy pieces, in which case, bake away! I think it's tasty).
Corwin26 2y ago
Keleynal 3y agoThis is a delicious alternative to some of the other high calorie granola recipes. The cayenne and chocolate combo is amazing! Also my kids say it is too spicy so I can eat it myself.
Blaknblula 4y agoI loved this recipe when I found it for being oil free. My only complaint was that it needed more flavor, so I doubled up on the cinnamon. It's so tasty! The cayenne gives it a building heat, which the dark chocolate helps to ease.