1. Heat a large soup pot, add the oil. Add the onions, lemongrass, and all the peppers and chiles and saute until soft, stirring frequently.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, and mushrooms, reduce the heat and continue to saute for 10 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to very low and stir in the coconut milk, stock, and chicken. Heat very slowly, but do not allow the soup to boil!
4. Simmer until the chicken is just tender.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, garnish with a couple of Thai chiles, if desired, and serve.
Heat Scale: Extremely Hot
Recipe by: Bradley Koehler
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 673 by RecipeLu ~~ltrecipelu~~at;geocities.com> on Feb 01, 1998
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (300g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 126 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 16.6mg||5 %|
|Sodium 215.1mg||7 %|
|Potassium 557mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 11.9g|
|Protein 10.8g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 213
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.