Ready in 1h
A spicy ground beef with green peppers and potatos. Ground lamb can also be used.
1. Fry chopped onions in cooking oil. Add spice mixture and any optional items, along with garlic, ginger and red chile pepper. Cook the spices for a twenty seconds or so.
2. Add the ground beef, separating it with a spatula while browning.
3. Add potatos and green pepper, and a dash of water.
4. Lower heat to medium low, and cook 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, watching the liquid level.
5. The dish is finished when the liquid is almost absorbed.
6. Serve over steamed rice.
The degree of browning at the end is a preference. Some like it slightly browner, others like it a little more soupy.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Pjarnett 1y agoMy husband and I really enjoyed this meal. A little too spicy for the kids but I will definitely make it again.
tiaclare 1y agoYou can use cayenne pepper in place of the Laxmi. I can't find it anymore either. They had it back in the Bronx.
mogriff1 2y agoThis is a really tasty dish! I added peas to it. Hubby and I really liked it!
meesh8280 2y agoTasty! Would like to try with chicken too.
MauraSpeckt 3y agoThis is a great recipe! Even though the large amount of ingredients was a bit hard to collect together, and I didn't find the Laxmi powder it is all well worth it because the flavors were fabulous as they were! We were all delighted with this. I will be making this again!
Austinmartinez0707 4y agoI think we made it really spicy but it wAs REALLY good!!! easy And quick. The dash of water should be 2 cups. The meal was delightful.