Top-ranked recipe named "Spicy Turmeric Ground Beef and Potatos"
A spicy ground beef with green peppers and potatos. Ground lamb can also be used.
"This is a great recipe! Even though the large amount of ingredients was a bit hard to collect together, and I didn't find the Laxmi powder it is all well worth it because the flavors were fabulous as they were! We were all delighted with this. I will be making this again! "
1. Fry chopped onions in cooking oil. Add spice mixture and any optional items, along with garlic, ginger and red chile pepper. Cook the spices for a twenty seconds or so.
2. Add the ground beef, separating it with a spatula while browning.
3. Add potatos and green pepper, and a dash of water.
4. Lower heat to medium low, and cook 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, watching the liquid level.
5. The dish is finished when the liquid is almost absorbed.
6. Serve over steamed rice.
The degree of browning at the end is a preference. Some like it slightly browner, others like it a little more soupy.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Pjarnett 9 months agoMy husband and I really enjoyed this meal. A little too spicy for the kids but I will definitely make it again.
tiaclare 10 months agoYou can use cayenne pepper in place of the Laxmi. I can't find it anymore either. They had it back in the Bronx.
mogriff1 1 year agoThis is a really tasty dish! I added peas to it. Hubby and I really liked it!
meesh8280 1 year agoTasty! Would like to try with chicken too.
MauraSpeckt 2 years agoThis is a great recipe! Even though the large amount of ingredients was a bit hard to collect together, and I didn't find the Laxmi powder it is all well worth it because the flavors were fabulous as they were! We were all delighted with this. I will be making this again!
Austinmartinez0707 3 years agoI think we made it really spicy but it wAs REALLY good!!! easy And quick. The dash of water should be 2 cups. The meal was delightful.