Top-ranked recipe named "Stir-Fried Thai-Style Beef with Chilies and Shallot"
This was a surprising dish, simple and dry but amazing flavors
"I've been making this recipe for years! Originally got it from Cooks Illustrated. Made it last night with chicken because I didn't have any flank steak. A family favorite!"- Xsjoy
-Combine all but the meat in a large bowl
-stir till sugar is desloved
- Add sliced meat stir to coat, and set aside at least 15 min
- In a small bowl combine Fish Sauce, Vinegar, Water, Brown Sugar, Chili-garlic paste
- Stir until sugar is disolved; set aside
-in small bowl mix garlic and 1 t. oil
-Heat 2 t. oil in large skillet on high till begins to smoke
- Add 1/3 of the meat cook undisturbed for 2 min
- Stir and cook an aditional minute or untill just pink in the middle
- remove to a bowl, repeat with remaing beef twice
- Reduce heat to med add 2 t. to now empty skillet
- Add chilies, and shallots and cook till softened 3-4 min stiring frequently
- Push mixture to the edges and add garlic to center cook till fragrent about 15 seconds
- Increase heat to high, add fish sauce mixture and reduce slightly about 30 seconds
- Return beef and juices 1/2 of the mint and cilantro, stir to coat
- Serve over rice topped with remainging mint, cilantro and peanuts
** Cut Beef into strips 1 3/4" wide with the grain, than slice into 1/4" thin slices accross the grain
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Xsjoy 3 years agoI've been making this recipe for years! Originally got it from Cooks Illustrated. Made it last night with chicken because I didn't have any flank steak. A family favorite!