Ready in 1 hour 15 minutes
Strawberry and banana is such a tasty combination. The addition of sour cream makes the banana bread more moist and adds something special to the flavor. You can also add 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts if you like.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
3. In another bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugars. Then add in the eggs, vanilla, sour cream and mashed bananas and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chopped strawberries.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring well as you go.
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and bake on 350F for around 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the loaf pan before removing and placing on a wire cooling rack to cool fully.
Valerie411 1m agoThis is an amazing banana bread! I substituted plain greek yogurt for sour cream and it came out great!
angie_levissianos 2y agoReplaced sour cream with plain fat free yogurt. Delicious!
cgossan 2y agoI'm not usually a fan of banana bread, but I had some bananas that needed used so I was determined to find a good banana bread recipe. This is it!! I absolutely loved this, and can't wait to make it again.
HeatherLynn614 2y agoI've made these as muffins 4 TIMES IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS! We LOVE them!
HeatherLynn614 2y agoAMAZING! I made them in a muffin pan and made cream cheese frosting. SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!!
graveleyk 2y agoFirst time making banana bread and decided to try this recipe.. added walnuts as well... Soooo Good! Will definitely be making this more in the future!
wolfmama 2y agoThis was way better than I expected. Even my husband, who is super picky about banana bread, loved it!
Nugg3t 2y agoVery good. Will make again.
Bcm300m 2y agoI just made this bread again using 4 mini loaf pans. Using the mini loaf pans the bread only took about 35 minutes to cook. I love this recipe!
Bcm300m 2y agoI made this about 6 months ago. I made mini loaves because there is only my hubby and me. They were fantastic! I will be making again this week because I like to freeze and take out a loaf when needed.