A lovely ice-cream cake served for dessert. Decorated with gum paste flowers, I made it for my sis's birthday.
1) Use a food processor & blend the strawberries till it becomes a smooth puree.
Add the icing sugar & lemon/orange juice & process again till smooth.
2) Chill till cold until ready to use.
3) Whip the cream until it just thickens but still falls from the spoon. Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry puree. Pour into a freezerproof container.
4) Freeze for 6 hrs until firm, beating occasionally with a fork/electric whisk to break up the ice-crystals.
To assemble into a cake:
1) Bake a sponge cake and cut out 2 thin layers (about 1" each).
2) Place a layer in a cake ring. Place ice-cream over the cake layer. Level the ice-cream. Place the other layer of sponge cake over the ice-cream.
3) Put into freezer for cake to set.
4) Remove cake ring. Spread a layer of whipped fresh cream over the cake. Put back into the freezer to set.
5) Prepare chocolate ganache & spread over the cake.
6) Decorate as desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (113g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 45 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 17.4mg||5 %|
|Sodium 6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 150.2mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 13.9g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 105
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.