Beans, corn and so much more, A flavorful and satisfying combination of fresh summer vegetables. This recipe was inspired by one from Alice Waters' cookbook "The Art of Simple Food", but adjusted for a spicy flare.
1. Place the cream peas in a medium pot and cover 1 1/2" with water. Bring to a boil and salt the water if desired. The cream peas should take 15-25 minutes to become tender-- cook to your preference.
2. While the cream peas are cooking, shuck the corn and slice from the cob.
3. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion and jalepeno until the onion becomes translucent.
4. Add the zucchini and cook ~5 min until starting to brown, then add the tomatoes. Cook a few minutes to soften, then add the corn and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 min, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the drained and cooked beans and cook everything together for 3-4 min until the corn is cooked through. Taste and season as desired with salt, pepper, parsley, basil and oregano. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (753g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 184 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.5g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.5g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 45.8mg||14 %|
|Sodium 177.5mg||6 %|
|Potassium 2045.5mg||54 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 71.5g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17.4g||69 %|
|Sugars, other 54.2g|
|Protein 13.7g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 484
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.