Beans, corn and so much more, A flavorful and satisfying combination of fresh summer vegetables. This recipe was inspired by one from Alice Waters' cookbook "The Art of Simple Food", but adjusted for a spicy flare.
1. Place the cream peas in a medium pot and cover 1 1/2" with water. Bring to a boil and salt the water if desired. The cream peas should take 15-25 minutes to become tender-- cook to your preference.
2. While the cream peas are cooking, shuck the corn and slice from the cob.
3. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion and jalepeno until the onion becomes translucent.
4. Add the zucchini and cook ~5 min until starting to brown, then add the tomatoes. Cook a few minutes to soften, then add the corn and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 min, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the drained and cooked beans and cook everything together for 3-4 min until the corn is cooked through. Taste and season as desired with salt, pepper, parsley, basil and oregano. Enjoy!
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Nlp9 5 years agoYum! Also good on top of nachos as a left over, but then again, what isn't? Would definitely make this again.