1. Trim any excess fat from beef. Discard fat. Cut beef into serving-size pieces; season with salt and black pepper to taste.
2. Scrub potatoes. Cut scrubbed potatoes into quarters. Cut carrots and parsnip diagonally into -inch slices. Slice celery into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces.
3. Place potato, carrot, parsnip, celery, onion and bay leaves in slow cooker. Sprinkle rosemary and thyme over vegetables.
4. Arrange beef over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour broth over beef.
5. Cover slow cooker and cook pot roast on LOW about 8 1/2 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.
6. Remove beef to large serving platter. Arrange vegetables around beef on platter. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve pot roast with juices from slow cooker or with gravy, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (379g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 252 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.3g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 100.6mg||31 %|
|Sodium 526.1mg||18 %|
|Potassium 883.4mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 15.2g|
|Protein 27.7g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 439
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.