1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and salt in
a large bowl.
3. Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and
continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
4. Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a
lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until
cookies are light brown.
5. As cookies bake, combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade
drink mix in a large plastic bag and shake thoroughly to mix.
6. When the cookies are removed from the oven and while they are
hot, add 4 or 5 at a time to the bag and shake it until the cookies
are well coated. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
I like lemon so I ended up using more lemonade mix and I also used lemon juice in place of the water
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (261g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 126 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.2g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 52.9mg||16 %|
|Sodium 2436.5mg||84 %|
|Potassium 206.5mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 171.1g||50 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 168g|
|Protein 16.2g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 877
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.