1. Season fillets with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 min. or until tender and slightly golden; add bell pepper, cook 2 more minutes.
3. Stir in 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly and 1 tablespoon vinegar until blended.
4. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place mixture on a plate and cover to keep warm.
5. Return skillet to medium-high heat; add butter to melt. Cook fillets 2 minutes per side (for thicker pieces reduce heat to medium and cook 1 to 3 minutes longer).
6. Remove fillets and arrange over spinach mixture. Drain juices from skillet. Return skillet to heat; add remaining jelly and vinegar; stir and heat briefly' drizzle over fish and serve.
This is a delicious recipe that is even a favorite with a 10-yr old boy!! Beautiful presentation for guests!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (195g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 64.3mg||20 %|
|Sodium 3571.8mg||123 %|
|Potassium 455.9mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 4.6g|
|Protein 23.4g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 191
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe