Ready in 40 minutes
Sweet and Sour Pork over White Rice. Great and Easy dinner recipe.
1. In a fry pan on medium heat, cook pork in oil, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat until brown, should take about 10 minutes.
2. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1/3 cup
3. Pour pineapple juice, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and red hot sauce over pork in a skillet.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Whisk cornstarch and water until smooth.
6. Stir in bubbling pork mixture
7. Add green peppers and carrots (You can add the leftover Pineapple Chunks if desired)
8.Reduce heat; cover and simmer until pork is done, should take around 10 minutes.
celestejoneskeenan 1y agoGREAT meal. I added twice the pineapple (Mmmmmm). Will use less sugar next time.
pollylj 2y agoBoth hubbie and I enjoyed it and it was easy.
pauldean1 3y agoAny meal where my kids come back for seconds is a huge hit....and this gets put on that list! So simple and tasty!
chief5437 3y agoOne of my faves on here, I make it at least once a month. Cheers.
keneix09 3y agoThis recipe was so easy and good. Did add extra ketchup and soy sauce. Didn't add hot sauce and ended up fine. I just added the cornstarch in with the ketchup and soy and just poured it over and let it thicken. Will definitely make again. I work with the elderly and not one complaint.
Giggles0309 3y agoI made this tonight for my boyfriend an myself. I didn't use cornstarch cause I didn't have any.. At first it tasted kind of bland to us the way the receipe was set up. So we added a lot more ketchup, and added a lot more hot sauce. I also added onions an pineapples as well. All in all a really good meal.
Clan1 3y ago
Nlagoon81 4y agoMade it at home for my other half. Will try this recipe at the firehouse and see if they like us also.
dtbh4t 4y ago
jgee43 4y agoDelicious! Just what I was looking for.