Top-ranked recipe named "Sweet Potato And Parsnip Soup"
A simple yet delicious recipe for a warm, wholesome soup with great flavour and colour. Perfect for a wet, cold evening in front of the fire!
"I decided to make this soup after ordering it in a restaurant in my local town and immediately fell in love with the sweet, homely taste. I searched online after eating it for any recipes and after mixing around with ingredients and seasoning, i came up with this - my own recipe! I must say, it tastes exactly the same, maybe even better, than the original one that inspired me and i can't wait to make it again :)"- avril-2408
1. In a large saucepan, toss all the vegetables in the Olive Oil until slightly brown and softened.
2. After 5-10 minutes, add the Vegetable Stock and bring to the boil.
3. Add the roughly chopped Garlic cloves and Coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Turn down the heat slightly and cover the saucepan. Leave vegetables to absorb the flavours and simmer for about 25 minutes.
5. Using a hand blender, blend the vegetables until a thick, smooth soup is formed (leave some chunks of vegetables if you prefer). If the consistency is too thick for your liking, simply add more stock or hot water.
6. Serve hot with a garnish of parsley and/or croutons. Serve some warm brown bread as an accompaniment. Enjoy!
PhaeOBrien 4 months agoI made this soup as a starter to our dinner and it was devoured happily by everyone, to the point of asking for more! Easy to make and really tasty, I just added 1 clove of garlic which I removed after boiling (we're not big on garlic), yet it was enough to add flavour.
CAPTAIN1963 5 months agoMy wife's new favourite.
Colzy 6 months agoAvril you're a star or rather five!! Lol I made it roughly to your amounts and quantities and rounded up the anomalies that differing servings gives and froze what I didn't need and this is a delicious soup I first had this whilst in sweet tomatoes in Florida and loved it then. Well done
admrink 6 months agoHigher sweet potato to carrot ratio. Parsnips were tasty in there. Bit more salt - my fault.
kyarker 6 months ago
collincburton 9 months agoA little too much parsnip flavor for me. It almost tasted astringent. It would be better to list vegetable amounts by volume rather than number of tuber since sweet potato and parsnip size can vary so much.
scottycyoung 1 year agoVery easy very filling very yummy!! I like to serve with a Mediterranean loaf
Susan34 1 year agoThis soup was very tasty, was a bit too thick, so added more water, but just down to personal taste. I will make this again.
scottycyoung 1 year agoFirst time I made this soup was a wee bit too much parsnip tasting. So second time I added a bit more sweet potato than it says in the recipe and it was a perfect 10/10
Melsargent 2 years agoI can not fault this recipe and it will be one I will make time and time again. YUMMY