1. In a large saucepan, toss all the vegetables in the Olive Oil until slightly brown and softened.
2. After 5-10 minutes, add the Vegetable Stock and bring to the boil.
3. Add the roughly chopped Garlic cloves and Coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Turn down the heat slightly and cover the saucepan. Leave vegetables to absorb the flavours and simmer for about 25 minutes.
5. Using a hand blender, blend the vegetables until a thick, smooth soup is formed (leave some chunks of vegetables if you prefer). If the consistency is too thick for your liking, simply add more stock or hot water.
6. Serve hot with a garnish of parsley and/or croutons. Serve some warm brown bread as an accompaniment. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (144g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 68.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 439.1mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.3g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 17.2g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 101
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
DougieviviExcellent soup recipe only thing I changed is I used 5 medium sized sweet potatoes and 3 carrots, this balanced better and the parsnips did not over power the taste. A keeper for sure.9m ago
rivi247s7l7Great recipe the only thing I added was some dried basil at the end.1y ago
DagmarnevesAdded BBQ sausage in the last 10 minutes.1y ago
kpcolvilleGreat soup, a bit time consuming to make but easy to freeze for later consumption.1y ago
ShortOrder50Very nice Soup1y ago
PhaeOBrienI made this soup as a starter to our dinner and it was devoured happily by everyone, to the point of asking for more! Easy to make and really tasty, I just added 1 clove of garlic which I removed after boiling (we're not big on garlic), yet it was enough to add flavour.2y ago
CAPTAIN1963My wife's new favourite.2y ago
ColzyAvril you're a star or rather five!! Lol I made it roughly to your amounts and quantities and rounded up the anomalies that differing servings gives and froze what I didn't need and this is a delicious soup I first had this whilst in sweet tomatoes in Florida and loved it then. Well done2y ago
admrinkHigher sweet potato to carrot ratio. Parsnips were tasty in there. Bit more salt - my fault.2y ago