Ready in 45 minutes
A simple yet delicious recipe for a warm, wholesome soup with great flavour and colour. Perfect for a wet, cold evening in front of the fire!
1. In a large saucepan, toss all the vegetables in the Olive Oil until slightly brown and softened.
2. After 5-10 minutes, add the Vegetable Stock and bring to the boil.
3. Add the roughly chopped Garlic cloves and Coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Turn down the heat slightly and cover the saucepan. Leave vegetables to absorb the flavours and simmer for about 25 minutes.
5. Using a hand blender, blend the vegetables until a thick, smooth soup is formed (leave some chunks of vegetables if you prefer). If the consistency is too thick for your liking, simply add more stock or hot water.
6. Serve hot with a garnish of parsley and/or croutons. Serve some warm brown bread as an accompaniment. Enjoy!
Dougievivi 4m agoExcellent soup recipe only thing I changed is I used 5 medium sized sweet potatoes and 3 carrots, this balanced better and the parsnips did not over power the taste. A keeper for sure.
rivi247s7l7 7m agoGreat recipe the only thing I added was some dried basil at the end.
Dagmarneves 1y agoAdded BBQ sausage in the last 10 minutes.
kpcolville 1y agoGreat soup, a bit time consuming to make but easy to freeze for later consumption.
ShortOrder50 1y agoVery nice Soup
PhaeOBrien 2y agoI made this soup as a starter to our dinner and it was devoured happily by everyone, to the point of asking for more! Easy to make and really tasty, I just added 1 clove of garlic which I removed after boiling (we're not big on garlic), yet it was enough to add flavour.
CAPTAIN1963 2y agoMy wife's new favourite.
Colzy 2y agoAvril you're a star or rather five!! Lol I made it roughly to your amounts and quantities and rounded up the anomalies that differing servings gives and froze what I didn't need and this is a delicious soup I first had this whilst in sweet tomatoes in Florida and loved it then. Well done
admrink 2y agoHigher sweet potato to carrot ratio. Parsnips were tasty in there. Bit more salt - my fault.
kyarker 2y ago