" Sweetened condensed milk gives this pie 's sweet potato filling a sweet creaminess, and grated orange rind adds a pleasant texture and citrus bite to the finished pie. This pie is also drizzled with a wonderful syrup of brown sugar, pecans and maple flavoring, and then it 's baked until glazed and wonderful."
1. Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin. Break apart in a large bowl.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine, and pour it in the bowl with the sweet potatoes. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, orange rind, vanilla, nutmeg, salt, and 1 egg. Pour into the unbaked crust.
3. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. While the pie is baking, prepare the topping. Mix together 1 egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, maple flavoring, and pecans. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle over pie.
5. Bake for another 25 minutes until set.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2005 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/31/2006
Cook Time: 45 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (188g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 268 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.8g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.7g||58 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.3g|
|Cholesterol 68.2mg||21 %|
|Sodium 283.3mg||10 %|
|Potassium 537.2mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72.1g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 68.4g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 578
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe